05/07/2012

Heading back to London

After coming back home to Bristol for 2 weeks for a much needed rest, I am going back to London today until Sunday to go to New Designers and see friends.


I have tried to make the most of my time off, whilst trying to sort out accommodation in Portsmouth for my job at SMR Automotive.  I have been riding my bike when I can and catching up on all the films I have missed out on.



I forget how nice of an area I live in, where I am so close to the center of Bristol and so close to the country side.





As I have only been commuting by bike and haven't done any distance I decided to go for a ride along the Avon cycle path and see where I ended up.  The Avon cycle path keeps you off main roads and follows the old Bristol to Bath train line and the Avon & Kennet Cannel.  It rained through the whole day but not even my smile could be washed from my face riding and splashing through all of the many puddles that were scattered along the canal on the path.  I ended up riding past Devizes and back home, 66miles in total, but it far further down to the the bumpy tow paths.  Had such a great time I decided to ride to Chew lake the next day.  Only 31.6 miles this time but I needed a rest and the route has far more hills.






Anyway in 45 minutes I will be on a train hurtling towards London!  See you at New Designers on Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment